Kinesiology explores the principles and theories related to fitness and the human body — from the basics of biomechanics to exercise physiology
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The Department of Kinesiology hosts five tracks of study. Each track offers a different area of emphasis, allowing you to focus your studies in topics that interest you the most.
- BA with a Major in Kinesiology provides a foundation in the physiological and mechanical aspects of the human body.
- BA with a Major in Kinesiology with Athletic Training Emphasis explores principles of injury prevention and rehabilitation. This track qualifies you to sit for the Texas athletic training licensure test and prepares those interested in National certification for graduate school.
- BA with a Major in Kinesiology with Pre-Physical Therapy Emphasis explores the identification, correction, and prevention of acute or prolonged movement dysfunction. This track prepares you to apply to physical therapy school.
- BA with a Major in Kinesiology with Sports Management Emphasis prepares business-minded students for careers in sports marketing, facility management and planning, human resources, strategic planning, sport finance and facility design.
- BA with a Major in Kinesiology with EC-Grade 12 Teacher Certification prepares students interested in becoming physical education teachers to become qualified instructors.
The Physical Therapy Organization (PTO) works to give hope to those undergoing rehabilitation through outreach. In addition, we empower allied health field community members, especially pre-PT students, to excel in both their academic and professional careers.
Physical Therapy takes individuals through a rehabilitative process that challenges them physically, emotionally, and mentally.