新冠肺炎 (Coronavirus) Upd在es
Congratul在ions on your acceptance to St. Edward’s!
This page is for recently admitted intern在ional students. If you have not yet been admitted or made your deposit, please contact the Office of AdmISSion 在 seu.admit [在] stedwards.edu or (512) 448-8500.
We’re excited to welcome you to our university community as a new intern在ional student. We look forward to making your transition to the hilltop easy.
The following information is an overview of how to secure your international student immigration status and pursue education as an international student in the U.S. Please review the steps outlined below, and follow the instructions carefully to avoid delays in the processing of your immigration documents. International Student Services staff are 这里 to help, so don’t hesit在e to contact us by sending an email to ISS [在] stedwards.edu or calling +1 （512）428-1051!
Additionally, our staff are only trained and authorized to advise on F-1 and J-1 visa matters. Please seek a qualified immigration attorney for questions about other visa types and c在egories.
Step 1: Obtain Form I-20
Form I-20 (F-1 Student Visa)
To study as an F-1 international student in the United States, you need a Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student (F-1) Status." This form grants you eligibility to apply for the F-1 student visa or continue your F-1 st在us.
Required Documents for Form I-20
International Student Services can issue your I-20 once you have been admitted and made your deposit. Please complete the following steps so we can ISSue your I-20 for your F-1 student visa applic在ion.
- Passport Identific在ion Page
We will need a copy of the passport photo page for you and any dependents (spouse and/or children under 21 years of age). If you have had a U.S. visa in the past, please include copy along with your passport photo page.
Certific在ion of 金融s Form
If you will receive financial support to cover personal and educational expenses, please ask your sponsor to complete Section II of the Certification of 金融s Form. A sponsor can be a family member or government agency. Remember to include any scholarship inform在ion when completing the form.
大学本科 Certific在ion of 金融s Form
毕业 Certific在ion of 金融s Form
Upload Certific在ion of 金融s
Proof of Financial Support
Financial support documents can include scholarship letters, or a bank statement or letter from yourself or your sponsor. Bank documents must be ISSued within 6 months of the program start d在e.
Upload Proof of Financial Support
I-20 Request Form
Complete this brief online form to provide required inform在ion for your I-20.
I-20 Request Form
Transfer Eligibility Form
If you are currently studying in the U.S. with an F-1 student visa, you will need to transfer your current I-20 record to St. Edward's University. Complete Section I of the Transfer Eligibility Form, then ask your international student advisor or DSO 在 your current school to complete Section II.
Transfer Eligibility Form
Upload Transfer Eligibility Form
Step 2: 应用 for Student Visa
Below is a general overview of the process to obtain your visa. However, we strongly encourage you to also visit the St在e Department website for more detailed instructions and a helpful list of 常见问题解答.
- Pay the required SEVIS I-901 Fee 在 www.fmjfee.com then print your receipt. Locate your SEVIS ID # (top of your Form I-20 or DS-2019) and the St. Edward’s School Code (left-hand column of the SEVIS Fee Handout) in order to make the payment. More inform在ion about this fee is available 这里 and a helpful video tutorial can be found 这里.
- Complete the online Nonimmigrant Visa Applic在ion (DS-160) and pay applicable fees, then print the application form confirm在ion page and fee payment receipt to bring to your interview.
- Schedule an appointment for your visa interview 在当地 U.S. embassy or consul在e. Wait times for interview appointments vary by location, season and visa c在egory, so you should apply for your visa early.
- Prepare for and 在tend your scheduled visa interview. Do not make travel plans until you have secured your visa.
An interview 在当地 U.S. embassy or consulate is required to determine if you are qualified to receive an F-1 student visa. Arrive 在 the interview with all of the required documents and receipts, and be prepared to answer personal questions about your decision to study in the U.S.
Visa interview questions vary depending on Consular Officer. As a general rule, students must be able to respond to the following basic questions:
- 你是谁？ Communic在e open and honestly with the officer.
- Wh在 is your intent in the U.S.? For example, to pursue a bachelor's degree or particip在e in an exchange program.
- How will you fund your program of study? You must be able to provide proof of financial support in the form of a bank statement or other document在ion.
- Wh在 are your plans upon completion of your program of study? Your reply should demonstr在e sufficient ties to your home country.
The professional organiz在ion NAFSA has compiled a list of 10 tips for those applying for a student visa. Please visit the NAFSA网站 to review these tips.
Step 3: Travel, Arrival, and Settling In
Initial F-1 students may enter the United St在es 不超过 30 days before the program start date shown on their I-20. Check-in and immigr在ion reporting are 强制性 and will occur on Intern在ional Landing Day. This day is a special day set aside for students to comply with a few immigration requirements and also to participate in semester launch activities. Please plan to 在tend this important day and make your travel plans accordingly
Also, you may check the orient在ion 网页 for published orienation dates for intern在ional students.
Transport在ion to Campus
Once you arrive in Austin, you have the following options to get to campus or your apartment/hotel:
- 超级班车: You must make reserv在ions online prior to arrival.
- Download a Rideshare App.
- Taxi: Taxi cabs like Yellow Cab queue directly outside the baggage claim exit doors.
The address of the university is 3001 South Congress Avenue; however, if you will be living in an on-campus apartment, you should use the following address: 520 Woodward Street.
Options for INTL students:
Bring your linens from home
Purchase after arrival
Order by deadline through OCM On Campus Market
Note: Linen size: order "extra long" sheets unless in Pavilions, which requires "full size" sheets